© 2016— Null Device

Slow progress

Well, we’re in the back stretch. I recorded the final vocal take for “Prevailing Winds” on friday, and spent the majority of the eveing doing things like adjusting snare-drum volumes on “Walk in London”, tweaking deff velocities for “Sevgilim”, checking vocal levels on two or three tracks, making sure I had enough headroom on “Travelogue”, etc etc.

Also spent some time figuring out some techniques that I intend to use on Album #3. And discovering why Logic wasn’t cooperating with my automation curves – seems there’s somethng called the “automation folder” which I didn’t know existed. There’s something uniquely awful about the manuals for audio software.

We’re getting there. I dunno if there’ll be an october release or not but hopefully…

%d bloggers like this: